Aspen Glen Living: Everything You Need is Right Around the Corner
Hamden, Connecticut is a great place to live. Right in the back yard of our Aspen Glen Luxury Apartment Rentals or just a short bike or car ride away, there’s everything you could possibly need. From grocery stores, to doctors’ offices, to banks, and parks — we have it all!
In Our Back Yard
To put the “luxury” in Aspen Glen Luxury Apartments, right on-site there’s something for the athlete in everyone including: a swimming pool, tennis court, state of the art fitness center, and a jogging/walking path. If you’re more of a chef than an athlete, there’s a picnic and barbecue area. Our families with children enjoy taking the little ones to our on-site playground, pictured below.
Getting around in Hamden is easy thanks to major highways such as Merritt and Wilbur Cross Parkways and Interstates 91 and 95. But, to get many places such as to the following, which are roughly three miles away, side streets and back roads can simply be taken.
- TD Bank – 2992 Dixwell Ave.
- Quinnipiac Bank and Trust Company – 2704 Dixwell Ave.
- Webster Bank – 2855 Dixwell Ave.
- Wells Fargo Bank – 2427 Whitney Ave.
- Once Upon a Child – 2100 Dixwell Ave.
- Gently used clothing, toys, and equipment.
- Marshalls – 2100 Dixwell Ave.
- Old Navy – 2335 Dixwell Ave.
- Gap – 2165 Dixwell Ave.
Dining, Entertainment, and Leisure
- East Rock Park – 41 Cold Spring St.
- Scenic views. A popular destination for walkers and hikers.
- Diane’s Ceramic Studio and Gift Shop – 23 Crestway
- Ceramics classes for adults and children.
- Johnson’s Duckpin Lanes – 2100 Dixwell Ave.
- Bowling for the whole family.
- Mickey’s Restaurant and Bar – 2323 Whitney Ave.
- Dishes influenced by the Mediterranean and Italy. A popular destination for friends and family of Quinnipiac University.
- Eli’s on Whitney – 2392 Whitney Ave.
- Casual American food.
- Bon Appetit – 2979 Whitney Ave.
- Price Rite of Hamden – 1869 Dixwell Ave.
- ShopRite – 2100 Dixwell Ave.
- Stop & Shop – 1245 Dixwell Ave.
- Yale New Haven Hospital – 2080 Whitney Ave.
- Hamden Public Library – 2901 Dixwell Ave.
- Southern Connecticut Public Library – 2911 Dixwell Ave.
- Apex Pharmacy – 2380 Dixwell Ave.
- CVS Pharmacy – 2045 Dixwell Ave.
- Rite Aid – 2175 Dixwell Ave.
There’s even more things to do and places to see nearby. Check out the Hamden Patch for hundreds of listings. If you’re not a current resident of Aspen Glen and are looking to rent an apartment in Hamden, learn more about our rentals.