The “New Normal” Commute From CT To NYC
One of the many amenities our customers love about Aspen Communities is having such convenient public transportation. In fact, if you’re living in, or thinking of moving into, one of the following communities, you’ll find that your commute into NYC is a breeze:
That being said, residents should be mindful of how Covid-19 has affected their daily commute. The MTA has been aligning its services with the Covid-19 pandemic, following government regulations and operating to reflect the number of commuters. If your office has reopened in NYC, then review the following to ensure that you plan your new commute accordingly.
General Updates & Rules For Metro-North Services During Covid-19
The MTA is taking every precaution to ensure the safety of all commuters. The following list is the most recent dates and requirements. Please note that this list is subject to change as the Covid-19 situation progresses.
- Face coverings are required to ride
- Off-peak fares are in effect
- Grand Central Terminal’s lower level is open
- Some station retailers are open for takeout and delivery
Open MTA Ticket Offices
In alignment with public transportation schedules and the MTA’s response to Covid-19, several ticket offices have operating hours restrictions.
Open Weekdays Only
- Grand Central Terminal, 6 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.
- White Plains, 6 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.
- Stamford, 6 a.m. – 11 p.m.
Open During Rush Hours, 6-10am and 4-8pm
- New Haven
MTA Service Details
Services are increasing on the Hudson, Harlem and New Haven lines. You can see the Metro-North schedule here to plan your trip.
West of Hudson has resume regular service and peak fares will be in effect.
Changes To Branch Services
- Danbury Branch: Regular train services have resumed
- New Canaan Branch: Trains are operating hourly
- Waterbury Branch: There is no train service. Busses will run approximately every 3 hours. You can see the bus schedule here.
- Wassaic Branch: Trains will operate every 2 hours between Southeast & Wassaic during weekdays. There is no service between Southeast & Wassaic on weekends.
For full details about the Metro-North’s response to Covis-19 and how they are taking precautions for your safety, please watch this quick video:
From spacious affordable rentals to easy access to public transportation, Aspen Communities is dedicated to bringing our residents convenience at every turn. Although public transportation may not be running at full capacity, the strategic location of our CT communities still affords commuters an easy trip into NYC. These are ideal locations for those looking to move out of NYC to CT without changing careers.